I am back! Been way too lazy to post recipes but have been baking on and off recently. With the current flood situation in Pakistan, days are just so depressing. So baking is the only thing that cheers me up. Let’s go straight to the recipe
I have few recipes of chefs who have expertise in cake baking but this recipe is a modification of my own.
Makes 9 muffins approx.
100g unsalted softened butter
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp milk
pinch bicarbonate of soda
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
(I am not using electric mixer for this recipe)
Preheat the oven 180 C
- Cream together butter and sugar with a whisk.
- Once nicely mixed, add the eggs one-by-one, mixing the mixture everytime you add an egg
- In a second bowl, sift the flour and add all dry ingredients i.e. salt and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well
- Make a hole in center of the flour mixture and add in the butter mixture.
- Gently fold the mixture. Dont over do it, just once it’s evenly mixed
- Add milk
- Add mashed banana and walnuts and fold in one or two times
- In a muffin tray, line paper cases and pour in the mixture 3/4th of the cup.
- Bake for about 10-12 mins . Once golden brown on the surface, check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes clean, your muffins are ready!
- Cool the muffins for about 10 mins on the wire rack.
- Drizzle 1 tsp maple golden syrup on freshly baked muffins for extra flavour.
Do try these easy muffins at home and let me know how they turned out.